1. Lynne Milgram is currently in Baguio for the case study of market traders who sell balikbayan box items. She will also be undertaking a study of food/grocery vendors in Toronto.
2. Jeff Ducanes met with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas and has received LINKAPIL and other data. The LINKAPIL database contains a profile of all donations channelled through the CFO’s Linkapil program from 1990-2015.
3. Marla Asis is proceeding with the Alumni Association case study and will conduct research with institutions in Manila, Iloilo and Dumaguete.
4. Andre Ortega will be working with Research Assistant Nikki Ramos on a case study of Gawad Kalinga Canada’s beneficiary villages – two in Metro Manila (Quezon City and Marikina), and four in the surrounding provinces of Bulacan, Pampanga, Tarlac and Laguna.
5. Nora Angeles has been holding preparatory sessions with nine UBC students who will join her on a field course in the Philippines in July.
6. Philip Kelly with the research assistance of Gaby Ong at York, has compiled an extensive inventory of relevant Canada-based activities related to Philippine typhoon relief efforts over the last two years. He will begin fieldwork in July with the research assistance of Melissa Gibson.